Sunday, May 6

Introduction


Disclaimer: I moved this blog in May 2012, so all the posts up to then are transplants. And how they'll thrive! We hope...

Last weekend I attended a local kink festival in my city, and although I’ve been “into” this for a long time, it opened me up, turned me on, and exposed me to a lot of new ideas and concepts (puns and double meanings, of course, all intended). In a physical, intellectual, and emotional way, my curiosities are brimming.
When I’m not being spanked or tied up or flogged or crying at Sir’s feet, I also like to write (there’s a day job and a social life in there too, but for the purposes of this place, they’re less important). Writing has been a part of my life, sometimes big and sometimes small, since I learned how. I studied creative writing in high school and college, and I’m working on getting myself into an MFA program (looks like not this year, but I’ll apply again).
I’m hoping this can be a place to combine a lot of the bits and pieces. I’m a nerd and a geek, I love reading and writing and writing about reading. I love talking to the wee hours. I’m a submissive, a masochist, a bottom. Mostly in that order, although the farther I go into this, the harder they get to prioritize. They also change playtime to playtime, a dynamic dynamic I rather like.
So we’ll see. The title of this place, so far, is a fairly common phrase around the BDSM water cooler, as it were. To be a “good girl,” can be an identity, a title, a rewarding diminutive name, a way to play. For me, it’s where I feel the safest, the most at home. While we’re playing, during aftercare, or during the day, in the supermarket, riding in the truck; when Sir leans in, his face against mine, I can feel his lips on my ear and the gentle push of warm breath in my hair as he says, soft and low “good girl.” That’s where I live.
* A note on terminology, definitions, etc. I’m not an expert, nor would I consider myself a beginner, so the content here will probably fall between those two spheres. I’m not super up for defining things, creating guides, or delving into deep discussions of topics I’m already pretty solid about (these discussions being mostly with myself, that would be… boring). If there’s something you’re wondering about, or have questions about, feel free to drop me a line at goodgirlinquiry@gmail.com. Remember also the big wild world of the internet, and what a wonderful tool a few pages of google search results can be.
** Another note on the title. I like roots, and for the first time, right now, I linked between “Introducing” and “Deducing” (or introduction and deduction, if you like). The root “duct” or “duc” comes from the Latin, and means “lead” (or to lead). So, consider this the gentle lead in to all further bloggings. A beginning of duction (no, that’s not a word, but with ample language nerdery, what is and it not a proper word does not concern me). Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment